Monday, June 29, 2015

DIY Candy Jar


What you will need:
 - Glass Jar with top
- Pot (I used a plastic flower pot, but if you want something more sturdy get a terracotta pot)
- Glass Marble or wooden ball
- Black spray paint
- Chalkboard spray paint (optional)

I wanted to make my mom something special for her birthday, something she would use all the time, something that was not materialistic, and something that she would absolutely love! Her all time favorite candy is Hershey's kisses. So I made a trip to the dollar store and bought a jar with a screw on top and a flower pot. Yes, I spent $2 on this cute gift- granted I had the marble and spray paint at home. (I sadly don't have any before pictures to show because I was in a rush to make this item)

I spray painted the top of the jar black and I used chalkboard spray paint for the flower pot. This will give her a chance to write anything on the base for any occasion.

When everything was dry, I hot glued the glass marble onto the top of the jar and hot glued the jar to the flower pot. **Make sure you let the hot glue dry**

I then added in the Hershey's kisses and wrote on the base with chalk!


Voila! Here is an adorable gift for only $2! I hope you enjoyed this diy and if you have any questions, please ask below!

xoxo, Kaitlyn Marie

No comments :

Post a Comment