Wednesday, June 24, 2015

DIY Floral Crown


Model: My beautiful sister
For a photo shoot today, I was inspired by Pinterest (as always) and made a floral crown. I was in a rush to make this so I don't have as many photos as I would like.

What you need:
- Flowers (I used about 20-25 flowers on my crown)
- Floral wire
- Floral tape
- wire cutters

To start out I made a trip to the dollar store and bought 5 bouquets of flowers and floral wire. Sadly they did not have any floral tape so I had to improvise with tape I had at home-- frog tape (which is for painting...oops).

When I got home, I measured the size of my head and wrapped the floral wire around twice so the base of my crown was sturdy. I then cut each individual flower off leaving about a 1 inch stem.**If you have smaller flowers, take a few and wrap them with the floral tape before taping them to the crown.

I then took each flower and taped it to the crown and continued until the entire crown was filled with beautiful flowers.

The photo shoot was a success and the crown was beautiful! The plus was that it took about 30 minutes! It was an easy DIY at a very low price!
Model: Alana Hughes. So artsy!



The reason behind the floral crown was to play around with the double exposure technique in Photoshop. I took beautiful sunsets and city lights and mixed it in with the original photo. It's amazing what Photoshop can do! If you want to learn how to create this effect in Photoshop, click this link: http://xoxokaitlynmarie.blogspot.com/2015/06/double-exposure-using-adobe-photoshop.html



I hope you have no trouble while making your floral crown!

xoxo, Kaitlyn Marie


No comments :

Post a Comment